How often have you discussed your vaginal health with your doctor? Even thought of asking about rejuvenation & tightening? Other than your scheduled PAP’s do you really sit there and discuss your aging v-j-j; rejuvenation or even tightening?
Probably not: We weren’t raised to be considerate of our most delicate organs. As we age so do our Vaginas – it’s a part of life but in addition to the inevitable aging process the Vagina’s health can be affected by many other factors such as:
1. Active sex life
2. Peri Menopause and post Menopause
3. Vaginal delivery
4. The use of Contraceptives
5. Previous administration of of Chemotherapy
6. Increased inflammation in your body
7. Poor diet and lifestyle including smoking, eating processed and fast foods, drinking excessive amounts of alcohol and a sedentary lifestyle
8. Vaginal laxity, dryness and inability to achieve orgasm are common symptoms of vaginal aging
9. Common use of common medications such as anti-depressants, anti-histamines
10. Use of Tampons with increased absorption
11. Chronic medical conditions such as Diabetes, High Blood Pressure
12. Douching, harsh body soaps
As a sex we invest billions per year in our health and wellness yet we leave out the health of our privates: but fear no more – here is a quick and easy list of 5 ways to improve your vaginal health, sex life and confidence.
1. Votiva: Is a radiofrequency vaginal rejuvenation device that provides the quickest most effective way to rejuvenate your Vagina by addressing and improving 3 major issues: laxity, dryness and pelvic floor weakness.
Votiva stimulates collagen production, increases blood flow and improves muscle strength in the vaginal canal and the outer Labia Majora and Minora area.
Focusing on a low Glycemic Index Diet with a more plant based focus to ensure a healthy vaginal pH at 4.
Regular cardiovascular exercise can help by helping increase the blood-flow to the Vagina which in turn helps increase the lubrication in the Vagina. In addition exercise will help strength the pelvic floor muscles that are needed to keep your Vagina lifted.
Specifically the Lactobacilli are needed to ensure a healthy acidic vaginal pH of 4. Can be taken orally or inserted intra-vaginally.
5. Vitamin D3
Helps protect the Endothelium and protect the pH balance. Be sure to check your levels first as there is a risk of toxicity if taken unsupervised.
Before you begin any medical regimen or make any changes consult with your integrative medicine provider to see which options work best for you. I do free consults and I’m offering a summer special on Votiva!