What You Need to Know About Thread Lifts?
PDO thread lifts are one of the newest aesthetic treatments. They are gaining in popularity because they are long-lasting, minimally invasive, and very cost-effective. Thread lifts produce elastin and collagen that lifts the skin tissues and makes you look younger. For a thread lift consultation, feel free to consult Dr. Rahi. Contact us today for more information or schedule an appointment online! We serve patients from Beverly Hills, CA and surrounding areas.
Table of Contents:
What are the benefits of a thread lift?
How do you maintain a thread lift?
How often can you repeat thread lift?
Are PDO threads better than Botox?
Thread lifts are a skin rejuvenation treatment that inserts barbed threads into the skin to support and lift the skin. It encourages the production of elastin and collagen in the skin to give it the proteins that are needed to make the skin more elastic and fuller.
It provides many benefits and here are the most noted:
– Induces collagen production
– Improve skin textures
– Improves skin laxity
– Reduces wrinkles
– Uses safe materials – Polydioxanone is the material used. It is biodegradable and easily absorbed by the body
– The results are long-lasting
– It is minimally invasive
– Threads can be easily combined with other anti-aging treatments
– It is less expensive than many other facelift procedures
– It has very little recovery time
– The results are long-lasting
The best way to maintain a thread lift is the same way that you take to prevent the effects of aging. Here are eleven ways to help protect your skin, slow the process of aging and help you maintain your thread lift:
1. Protect your skin from the sun. Use strong sun protection.
2. If you want to tan, use sprays and avoid the sun and tanning booths.
3. If you smoke, quit.
4. Avoid repetitive facial expressions. These can form lines and wrinkles that can become very noticeable.
5. Eat a healthy and well-balanced diet. Eat more fruits and vegetables and drink lots of water.
6. Drink less alcohol, alcohol dehydrates you and dries out the skin.
7. Exercise most days of the week. Exercise boosts blood flow which helps nourish the skin.
8. Use gentle cleansers when cleaning your skin.
9. Apply facial moisturizers every day.
10. Wash your face at least twice a day and especially after sweating heavily.
11. Stop using skin care products that irritate your skin.
PDO thread lifts provide long-lasting results. These will usually last for twelve months but can last longer for some people. For some people dealing with more difficult or severe concerns, the results may only last about six months. The length of time that your results last will determine how often you will want to repeat the treatments. Many people choose to have regularly scheduled treatments to maintain a more consistent look. They will schedule one or two appointments a year.
Your results will be dependent on your age, the condition of your skin, and how your body responds to the PDO threads. Younger people can often find that their results last longer than a year.
Pro threads and Botox each have their own strengths and benefits.
These tiny sutures work very well and their unique benefits are:
– Contract fat tissues which instantly tighten skin
– Promotes collagen production that rejuvenates the skin
– Creates a softer skin texture
– Mimics the results of facelifts, without the surgery
– Usually lasts longer than neurotoxins
Botox comes with its own set of wonderful benefits:
– It slows or prevents the development of fine lines and wrinkles
– It can treat migraines and other medical conditions
– Can be used to fight acne breakouts and future scarring
– Is minimally invasive
Which is better, PDO threads or Botox will depend on what you are trying to achieve. Botox is a wonderful choice for treating fine lines and wrinkles and as a preventative measure to prevent future lines and wrinkles. PDO threads are a wonderful choice for treating deeper wrinkles and static wrinkles that Botox cannot treat effectively.
Both are great choices and can be used together to deliver some great results.
Dr. Rahi can put together a treatment plan to help you achieve your aesthetic goals. Sit down and find out what the options are that will give you the best results. Give us a call and make an appointment. We serve patients from Beverly Hills CA, Culver City CA, Santa Monica CA, West Hollywood CA, Marina Del Rey CA, Inglewood CA, and surrounding areas.
Additional Services You May Need
▸ 24K Gold Facial
▸ Chemical Peels
▸ Dermal Fillers
▸ Full Body EMS Training
▸ Customized Facials
▸ Hormone Therapy
▸ Integrative Medicine Consultations
▸ IV Drips
▸ Laser Hair Removal
▸ Lip Injections
▸ Lymphatic Drainage
▸ Micronutrient Testing
▸ Non-Surgical BBL
▸ Non-Surgical Facelifts
▸ PDO Thread Lift
▸ Radio Frequency
▸ Sculptra Injections
▸ Sylfirm X
▸ Vaginal Rejuvenation
▸ Weight Loss